These activities are included in the price of our Spanish immersion programs.
In addition to classroom instruction, we offer a wide range of activities to help you improve your Spanish and get to know more about our land and culture.
You will visit historic sites in the towns of the region, attend social events, and carry out everyday activities (dining in a restaurant, shopping, talking on the phone, etc). And, with the aid of a native, you will conduct all of these activities in Spanish!
You can also choose from a wide variety of recreational activities, depending on your preferences and hobbies.
If you take an intensive course, these activities are not included in the price of your course.
Some activities included in the price of our Spanish immersion programs:
• One-on-one Spanish conversations with Spanish people.
• Spanish telephone conversations and conference calls with Spanish people.
• Guided tours of Valderrobres, to acquaint you with its castle, church, nooks and crannies, and history.
• Possible visit to Morella, a proposed UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Possible visits La Fresneda, Calaceite, and/or Cretas: historic towns of the Matarranya region, several of whose urban areas have been declared historic-artistic.
• Possible visit to Alcañiz, historic city and home of the world famous Motorland Racetrack.
• Visit to vineyards and their wineries.
Depending on the time of year you take your course, you also might:
• See how some wonderful Spanish foods - ham and olive oil- are made.
• Attend the almond and olive harvests.
• Visit fairs and street markets of the Matarranya region.
• Take part in such traditional festivals as San Anton´s bonfires, Carnival, Easter, Festival of Castles, etc.
• Swim in natural pools of crystalline water, enjoying a relaxing bath in idyllic natural landscapes, and in the warmth of the Spanish sun.
If you take a twelve-day course, you can enjoy any of the following activities during your weekend free time. (NOTE: costs of these activities are not included in the price of your course).
• Trekking: From little strolls to a climb in spectacular Mountains of Beceite Natural Park, hike a long network of trails through places of great natural beauty.
• Bicycling: Our area offers many excellent bike trails, including one magnificent trail following the abandoned route of a railway.
• 4x4: The fastest way to go long distances and find out-of-the way places that offer spectacular views.
• Canyoning and Climbing: Beceite Natural Park offers you a perfect place to practice either of these two activities.
• Canoeing and Sailing: Readily available in the ponds and reservoirs of our area.
• Horseback Riding: Saddle up and ride through in the beautiful countryside surrounding Valderrobres.
• Wildlife Tours: Guided tours of Beceite Natural Park and the Matarranya River.
• Crystal Caves of Molinos: Visit an underground cave filled with incredible stalactites, stalagmites, etc.
• Mine Museum of Andorra: Learn about mining history in Spain.
• Trip to the Mediterranean Sea and Delta of the Ebro River Natural Park.